So I haven’t posted on here for a long time (let’s be honest it was way too long) but to get my frequent uploads up and running, I thought I should start off with a cupcake recipe!
For those of you that know me, you know that I love to bake and for those of you who don’t know me, well you’ve just learnt something new. (You learn something new everyday as they say)
My favourite cupcakes to make are classic vanilla, purely because they are super easy to make but they taste delicious!
If you guys fancy making some yummy vanilla cupcakes (that I pretty much swear by) just keep reading…
WHAT YOU WILL NEED…
- Weighing Scales
- Wooden Spoon
- 24 Cupcake Cases
- Cupcake Tin
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Small Bowl
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Piping Bag
- Wilton 1m Piping Nozzle
INGREDIENTS (Makes around 24 cupcakes)
FOR THE CUPCAKE BATTER
- 220g of Butter softened (preferably unsalted)
- 220g of Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 220g of Self-Raising Flour sifted
- 3 tbsp Milk
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM
- 500g of Unsalted Butter
- 500g of Icing Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Gel Food Colouring of Your Choice (I used several)
- So first of all what you want to do is preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C and you can line the cupcake tin with the cupcake cases.
- In the large bowl use the wooden spoon to cream together the caster sugar and the butter until it turns paler in colour.
- In the small bowl crack the eggs and add the vanilla, then whisk away with the fork. After they’ve been given a good whisk, go ahead and add the egg mixture to the butter and the sugar.
- Little by little, fold the sifted flour into the mixture using the metal spoon until it is all incorporated.
- Add the milk a tablespoon at a time into the batter until it is of a dropping consistency.
- Using the ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake cases until about half way. By using the scoop, you’re pretty much guaranteed each cupcake to be level.
- Once you’ve filled all the cupcake cases you can then bake them in the oven for around 10-15 minutes or until they’re a nice golden brown shade. If you’re unsure, you can always get a cocktail stick/skewer and insert it into one of the cakes and if it comes out clean, then you’re good to go. You can then take the cakes out the oven and leave them to cool for 15 minutes whilst you get started on the best part, THE BUTTERCREAM!
- For the buttercream it’s always best to use an electric mixer to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. So what you’re going to have to do is cut up the butter into cubes and throw them into the mixer. Turn the mixer on and let it beat the butter.
- Meanwhile, you’re going to need to get the beans out of the vanilla pod and then you can just add that to the butter.
- After those have been done, its time to slowly add the icing sugar bit by bit so that it is eventually all mixed until it’s smooth. You can then add the gel food colouring of your choice, but careful not to add too much! Very little is needed to obtain a strong colour!
- Once the colour has been added, mix the buttercream a little more until the colour has been distributed evenly.
- You can then spoon the buttercream icing into a piping bag with the star nozzle and pipe the buttercream on the cupcake and make a swirl, or just decorate it however you like!
- Finally, all that’s left to do is to eat them!
I hope you guys find this recipe super easy to follow! If you end up making a batch of these yummy cakes, please do send a picture. If you have any other recipe requests or if you would like me to post videos on YouTube of me using these recipes feel free to let me know.